Look what I made! It’s a really cool/cute/awesome stand to store hair clips on!
The other night while cleaning the flat, I got distracted (as usual) and landed up doing arts and crafts. I have so many pretty clips, and other standard clips that I use every day, that lay on my bedside table (or land on the floor) and I found this craft a while back on Pinterest that I’ve been meaning to try make for ages – just to see how it comes out.
The craft uses a photo frame, and we have so many leftover from our wedding because we used them as table numbers. It was so simple, literally took 5 minutes, and came out great!
You will need:
- Take out the back of the frame and the glass, put to one side.
- Cut your ribbon to the size of the picture frame, and simply staple it on either end.
- I really liked it just like this, and would have liked to have hung it up just so, but was a bit of a mission without the utensils, and with renting not being able to really make holes anywhere you like in the wall.
- I put the glass and the frame stand back in place, and voila!
- (I actually added a piece of black card, just to cover the brown backing. Fiddle and you’ll find something you like.
And presto – a beautiful little way to store all your hair clips neatly next to your bed 🙂